The chili peppers in this Kimchi Saw make the dish a little spicy, and offer more than your daily dose of vitamin C. Cabbage and ginger contain antioxidants, and ginger is thought to act as a stimulant and aid digestion, as well. Your grandmother might like it, but this is not your grandmother’s coleslaw.
|Small bunch radishes||1 bunch||1 bunch|
|Red onion||1 each||1 each|
|Napa cabbage||½ head||½ head|
|Small bunch cilantro||1 bunch||1 bunch|
|Red chilli pepper, fresh||1 each||1 each|
|Green chilli pepper, fresh||1 each||1 each|
|Ginger root, fresh||1” piece||1” piece|
|Limes||2 each||2 each|
|Asian sesame oil||Splash||Splash|
- Wash radishes well, peel onion, and cut onion in half.
- Shred radishes, onion, and cabbage in food processor. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Remove stems from chili peppers, and add the de-stemmed chili peppers to a food processor. Add cilantro, and shred.
- Peel ginger, and crush into chili mixture. Transfer mixture to serving bowl with cabbage mixture.
- Half limes, and squeeze their juice into the serving bowl. Add pinch of salt and splash of oil. Mix well with hands.
- Taste to check balance; add seasoning if necessary.
Makes 4 servings (213 g /serving). 1 serving = approx. 1 cup
Recipe sourced with permission from http://www.nutritionrx.ca/kimchee-slaw/